Wednesday 17 August 2011

Quilt for Dad...


My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer (GBM) and given 3-11 months to live in January 2010. His 54th birthday was 12th November 2010 and this was a gift to him for that day. He loved it!
It was made on a miniature sewing machine until that packed in and my mum had to loan me her nice proper machine!
It was made of various 4x4 squares bought on ebay and I used photo transfer paper to add photos from his childhood and through his whole life, including some of us now. The idea is that we will add to it as the years go on and it will become a bit of an heirloom!
Dad died on 14th January 2011 and this quilt is and always will be very important to me. Not the neatest or fanciest quilt but definitely the most sentimental.

And yes, I'd watched Stepmom that week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...