Thursday 9 August 2012

Beautiful dress to remember a beautiful girl...

I made this dress for me to wear to Isla's funeral. It was great fun to make and I really took my time and followed every single instruction to the letter - oh, except the zip, which I did the only way I know how! Oh, and the hem, which, I'm sorry, I'm not French seaming and hand sewing! I did, however, press every seam the right way and try it on frequently to check it was fitting!

I'm so proud of it! It's a Project Runway design (2588), where you have the basic dress shape (either slim or flared skirt) and then can choose a yoke or neckline and 'designer additions' - I chose the bow of course! Definitely going to be making another in a different style soon! 

It was a beautiful flowery fabric for Isla's funeral - nice and bright to match the meadow she is laid to rest in. 

What do you think?!


 Pockets too!




Seeing those photos makes we want to wear it today! I love it!! 

And when I do wear it, I can think of Isla and how beautiful she was too!

3 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous fabric and style, and you are a beautiful Mummy always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress. It's so pretty and full of meaning. I am very very sorry to read about Isla x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and the fabric you chose. Looks great on you. I am very sorry for your loss. I actually have that pattern too and you have inspired me to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...